Product Information Solid Surface
Solid surface products are designed for a lifetime of
good looks and easy care. For the busy household or for the
homebuyer who appreciates clean lines and durability, solid
surface products fit the bill. Offered as countertops,
integrated sinks, backsplashes, shower and tub surrounds they
are manufactured from acrylic resins and/or polyester
plastics with mineral fillers.
- Manufactured into sheets that are typically ½”
thick that can be formed into seamless designs or
layouts that have nearly invisible seams.
- These products can accommodate large areas
however in some instances seaming is
- Seams are joined with a color-tinted adhesive
which becomes less noticeable after it is
- A vast selection of colors to choose from with
finishes ranging from matte to high gloss.
- Although white and black are gaining in
popularity, the neutrals are still the big winners
with the stronger colors being used on islands,
inserts in edge treatments or on backsplashes.
- Perfect in the kitchen as these countertops can
stand up well to daily wear and tear.
- Resistant to bacteria and mold.
- Non-porous material that resists many common
- Although known for their durability, these
products are not indestructible.
- Use of hot pads or trivets on kitchen
counters are necessary.
- They are not completely scratch
- Darker colors show scratches more than
the lighter colors
- A choice of edge treatments.
Known for its Easy
- Can be cleaned simply with soapy water or
an ammonia based cleaner.
- This is the only counter where light
scratches or burns can be sanded away to
rejuvenate its appearance because the color
and pattern run through the entire
- Difficult stains can be cleaned with an
abrasive cleaner and a green Scotch-Brite
The Value of Upgrading
- Wider selection of colors and designs
- Wider selection of edge treatments
- Options to incorporate matching sinks,
backsplashes and surrounds.